Friday, May 1, 2009

Sprout!




Sprout! Brought to you by One Million Ways
 So today i sold my earrings at an event at my college (UC Irvine) called Sprout. It was a May Day festival celebrating new art. The organization that was running it is called One Million Ways
At the fundraiser they were selling shirts to help buy desks for children in Ghana and Kenya.
We know of 350 students in
Ghana and Kenya who need
school desks. Here's how you         
can help: 
When you buy a shirt,
you buy a desk. It's simple.
Made from 100% organic
cotton and printed with
water based ink.
Good for the planet. 
Good for the kids.
Good for you.

Our Price: $20
Shipping & Handling: $3



This organization and cause is really close to my heart because I will be studying abroad in Ghana this July for four and a half months at the University of Ghana, Legon. I will be studying theatre, drumming, dance, twi, and creating a one woman show from the interview monologues that I collect from the people of Ghana. I love Ghanaian Culture and it's so important to support those who don't have things that we take for granted like water and desks.

They were also raising money for a play pump, which is essentially a merry go round that pumps water from a well. It will go to a country in Africa or South America.
This is my first blog. Not really sure what to write about. I start a fan page on Facebook. Just search for A Cranberry Creation. There, you can see pictures of some of my stuff. I don't have any pictures of my record bowls at the moment. I had my friend Brian Gurrola take the original pictures, and he's a wonderful photographer.







No comments:

Post a Comment